Lastgoogle Lastgeist

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Google: Do No Evil, but...
look the other way on some equally annoying shit.

Recently set up an AdWords starter account. (No, not for lastgoogle.) In any case, I notice one of my first click-throughs came from the site http://icanhascheezburer.com/, which is a parked domain site (i.e. a link farm).

Now, I thought parked domain sites were against Google AdWords/AdSense terms of service. But apparently, I was wrong: Answer #50002. More information on the topic can be found here: apogee-web-consulting.com

Anyway, I think it's pretty crappy that Google promotes these worthless blights on the face of the internet. Now, I know some will ask, how is lastgoogle, or the lastgoogle blog, any better?

Well, I can think of 2 or 3 -- ok, exactly 2 -- reasons. But, that's the thing. Google long ago cancelled my AdSense account for these sites because they have the word Google in them! Daddy always told me I should have been a link farmer.

Labels:

» 8:03 AM